Aug 31, 2011

Coming Home

I'm back!

Back in Michigan, that is.  Yesterday Mom and I spent all day on the road making our way back to my new home.  I was excited to see my husband, but anxious because I knew I was coming back for treatment.  Thinking about it tied my stomach up in knots...  Hardee's curly fries helped the feeling go away.

Anyway, We made a couple pit stops along the way and got to see LisaGrace Alsbury at her new job working for Veritas Church in Iowa City!  I'm proud to say that I was officially the first person to ask on a serious note when they were going to start popping little ones out.  Bring on the bombardment, friends!

We were given a free Adoleo CD that I immediately stripped of it's shrink-wrap and put in the van CD player.  It is a CD entirely created by worshippers at Vertias Church.  Lydia had been given the opportunity to play violin with them and put a bug in my ear that she was sure I would like it.  She was correct.  It's really solid, fresh, sing-along, uplifting, attention-holding worship music.  I personally loved the songs titled "Delievered" and "This Hope."  The lead vocalist's voice was like a vise on my ear and it was really hard for me to quit listening.  Listening to her was like watching a bird fly for the first time.  Beautiful!  And the use of a "choir," if you must call it that, was incredible.  It added so much depth to the songs!  I wish more worship music was like this.  So it's not easy for everyone to sing with... does that really have to be a prerequisite?   A God who extends his love to us in all our sinfulness surely won't cut it off just because a bunch of us are singing off-beat and off-key.  My spirit was lifted by it, and THAT, friends, is what I think worship music is supposed to do.

Here's the music video from "This Hope."  And I just found out that the lead singer is BRIANNA GOODMAN!!!  Kudos Bre!  She's a young women who used to attend Cornerstone here in Ames, but then started college at University of Iowa and was one of the young people who felt called by God to start a new church in Iowa City.  I am SO proud of her!  Bre, you have been incredibly gifted!

This past week and a half brought me a lot of encouragement, filled my love-meter, and many conversations that were had inspired a lot of thinking to be done in my head.  I couldn't have asked for a better time!


I also bleached my hair blonde.... who says cancer patient's can't look fierce?  I may be losing my hair, but I am absolutely going to work my magic on myself so I feel as normal as possible.  Here's a couple shots of the new look.  Mom took them while we were at chemo (apparently I feel asleep) and afterward outside while we were waiting for my husband to pick us up.

I'd love to continue on, however, my stomach is terribly knotted and uncomfortable from chemo this morning. I'm going to go lay down for a bit, but I'll be on here soon to write about all the things that have been going on in my head and heart.  I'm so excited to share them with you!!




2 comments:

  1. you have no idea how much it meant to me that you stopped by!

    and that's bri goodman singing on delivered and this hope, can you believe it?!? it still gives me chills and i've heard it a million times. : )

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley. I am Millie. Your mom trained me to replace her in Oncology at MGMC many years ago. I saw you as a kid and I cannot believe you are married and still as beautiful if not more. She ( your mom)just told me about your blog and I decided to come and look. I should say it is very well organized, nicely decorated and best of well very well written. Love the way you express yourself and the story about the "thong" priceless :). BTW, congratulations on your wedding. "Nice catch" hahaha - you two look adorable and seem very happy. I will be stopping by once in a while to read you and give you encouragement. I light a candle ever morning and you are already in my lit of requests for a healthy future. Take care and keep strong and when you do not feel too strong just lean on HIM. GBY

    ReplyDelete