Sep 4, 2013

Pregnancy Thus Far

How is this pregnancy going?  Well, let me tell you....

It's nauseating.  Like that stench in your garbage disposal that won't go away no matter what you do.  I'm doing what I can to cope with it.  Isaac went and bought me Sea Bands that I'm scared to take off except when I shower (just in case they're working), I have a stash of corn chips at work to crunch on between meals since an empty stomach seems to trigger queasiness and there's a half-empty bottle of ginger ale in our fridge.  Sleep seems to be the best solution, simply because I don't feel anything when I sleep, which brings me to the next thing.

It's exhausting.  I want to go to bed at 9pm, sleep til 10am, and then take five naps during the day.  Ridiculous.

It's pee-filled.  Yes.  Pee.  Every.  Single.  Hour.  Oh, you said you wanted to sleep, Ashley?  Well, too bad!  Getting up at least once in the night to go to the bathroom is now routine.  It's also not unusual for me to visit "France" at Nordstrom several times a day, too.  At least I can play Candy Crush while I'm in there...

It's hot.  Literally.  I have a thyroid condition that usually makes me extremely sensitive to cold, but right now, no matter what I do, I'm hot.  Several times in the past couple of weeks, while I'm making my nightly trip to the throne, I've stopped by the thermostat and lowered the temperature because I've been boiling.  Last night Isaac was wearing sweatpants and a blanket.  What did I have on?  His boxers and a cami.

It's gassy.  That's cute!  Uh, NOT.  I've been doing laps around the floor at Nordstrom because I feel like I have to drop the bomb and keep moving so nobody knows it was me.  Thankfully they haven't been awful, but still.... awkward.  Sometimes the gas doesn't come out that end, though, and I find myself burping a lot too.  Gross and grosser.  Especially working in a high-end department store.  PS, if you're my co-worker reading this... Sorry.  I do what I can.

It's making my stomach a Nazi.  I can't eat too often, but I can't wait too long to eat either.  Waiting too long, well, that'll earn me a case of nausea.  Eat too often?  Well, take a guess.... Yep!  Nausea for that too!  No matter what I do, my stomach is not happy.  It's a little hard to find the balance while working at Nordstrom since I don't think they like me taking a break to eat every hour.  Hence, my chip stash.  Oh, and PS, I put on about 4 pounds in the last week.  So much for the weight loss competition I was going to win.

It's not getting me in "the mood."  Poor Isaac.  It's hard enough for us to connect since our schedules are at odds.  Now add that to the above list... you can see the cards are stacked against him.  I'm hopeful that will change soon.

Welcome to pregnancy.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! :) I didn't realize you were pregnant again, that's so exciting! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I totally understand what you wrote about....hopefully it will get better. It has for me.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, go to a health food store and buy ginger candy to suck/chew on. It helps tremendously. A lot more concentrated than the ginger ale. Good luck girl! I love you!

    ReplyDelete