Jun 28, 2011

Chemotherapy Tomorrrow!

A few brief notes before tomorrow comes.

It's not like this has snuck up on me or anything, but it just kind of hit me today that my first chemo session is tomorrow morning.  I've intentionally not asked people about what it was like because as the saying goes, "ignorance is bliss."  Maybe.  We'll find out at 11:00am, Michigan time.  I'll be armed with a book, lemon drops, and my cell phone.

Also, I added my husband to my blog account so if you read something that is grammatically incorrect and sounds nothing like me, its him.  It's a trial run... we'll see how he handles it.  I'm hoping that it will be easier for you guys to get the whole feel of what's going on in our lives if you can read from him too.  Just be forewarned, writing is not his forte.  He's a critical thinker and natural analyzer; his brain is like a computer that catalogues, stores, and recalls on command.  Artistic expression of any type is just not in his blood.

Well, that about wraps things up.  Tomorrow, my cancer is real.  Tonight, I just have an ear infection.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good luck on your treatment, I just wanted to give you one tip. You mention lemon drops, if those are your absolute favourite things then don't eat them during your actual chemo. Anything you eat during chemo itself you'll never want to eat again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can survive without them :-) I've heard people say that before and I'm wondering, does that specifically mean eating during treatments, or anything I take in over the next six or so months while I'm "being treated?". Just curious. I'm hooked up to the IV as we speak and I just ate some chicken nuggets. I suppose ill learn to live without those too...

    ReplyDelete