Sep 30, 2012

Bride Two

Last time I wrote, it the story of two brides.  I liked one; I was complaining about the other.

Yesterday was the wedding of bride number two, and I have to say, I actually had quite a bit of fun.  I don't have a clue what the girls had or hadn't been told, but every single one of them was a blast.  As the outsider looking into their ring of friendship, it was easy to see that not only had they been together for quite some time, but that they cared deeply about each other.  Everyone was relaxed and nobody was uptight about anything.

Actually, they were thrilled with the results we delivered for hair, and I had a couple of ladies ask for my card for future reference.  One of the ladies, we'll call her Shar, was so excited about her hair she almost started crying.  She's got unusually thin hair, and in the past, almost every hairstylist has made it look like she's balding.  I put my best efforts forth to make sure she looked like she had gobs of hair, and was rewarded with a big hug and a smiling, super-giddy, newly-pregnant woman for the rest of the morning.
Smiling Shar!
The back of her undo that she was SO excited about.

The whole while I was doing everyone's hair, I couldn't believe that I had been so stuck on the prices.  I mean, yes, I have skill, but is it worth getting upset over a difference of $100?  No.  At least, it shouldn't be.  I feel ashamed I reacted the way I did.  The more I digest it, I think I was more shocked and surprised because it came up last minute.... I'd already had my mind set that things were going to go a certain way, blah, blah blah.  Apparently I don't deal well with last second changes.

The upside is, now I know this about myself, and next time it happens, I can just have a little pep talk with myself before letting it rock my boat.  Plus, now I know what changes I need to make to my system to make sure things like this don't happen again.

Everything turned out beautifully and I'm really happy that it ended up working for me to do their hair for the wedding.  Here's a few pictures!

I was in love with this girl's hair color!!

The little girl was adorable, giving the bride kisses, telling her she looked like Cinderella.

The bride, taking a break before the ceremony started.


Three of the bridesmaids and the bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment