Nov 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Typically for Thanksgiving, Isaac and I head out to Mama-Lynn and Howards to join the rest of the clan for overeating, movies, camping out at Best Buy for Black Friday specials, more overeating, and some naps.  This year though, none of the Chicagoans could make it.  That left the Hinton clan, the young Hintons (Isaac and I) and the Brekke family.

And unfortunately, I haven't been feeling the best since Sunday.  Whatever I've got started out as some type of fever accompanied by chills and a sore throat, mutated into a sore throat with achy hips, and then has finally come full circle as a snotty nose, semi-sore throat, and heavily mucused head region.

It's gross.  I'll save you the gruesome details... (which, normally, I wouldn't do).

Anyway, I'm still really glad to be getting to spend time with family in Iowa, even though I know I've been a lot less fun to be around.

Yesterday I slept all day.  Almost literally.  I napped on and off from the time I woke up until I fell asleep for the night.  I'll probably be doing something similar today.

The good news: Nebraska is whooping Iowa, 10-0.

So, if you feel like praying, here are a few specific requests:

  • That my body will kick whatever this is out of my system.  Soon.
  • That I won't have gotten anyone else sick
  • For a friend of mine who seems to be having issues with her newly diagnosed MS.  Recently her body has been going numb on and off.  It doesn't sound like the doctor is thrilled about it.
The things to say thank you for:
  • I'm officially done with chemo, radiation, and all that junk.
  • I have one job (with an erratic income) and have an interview lined up for a second one.
  • We have a loving network of friends and family that have helped us survive the last six months
  • The excess weight put on during chemo seems to be falling off pretty fast (this is part vanity, but mostly thanks that we don't have to spend money on buying bigger clothes for me for work)
  • Nebraska is still winning :)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment