Nov 3, 2011

Jessica Cooks!

Today is a monumental day.  Today is the FIRST day EVER that Jessica has cooked an entire, legitimate meal.  She made buffalo chicken soup with biscuits and cookies for dessert.

The buffalo chicken soup in progress :)
Let me give you a brief glimpse into Jessica's cooking skills.

About four years ago, she made cookies and fried them to a crisp.  My gift to her that Christmas was coupons for cooking lessons.  Thankfully I didn't think to put an expiration date on them...

Two years ago, we moved in together.  She still couldn't cook, so we struck a deal.  She contributed financially to the groceries, and I did the shopping and cooking to prevent her from starving.  During that time, I learned that she's a pro at baking--cookies and brownies, anyway.  The kicker came one night while I was talking about browning hamburger and asked her a question about it.  Her response to me?

"Ash, I don't even know how to COOK hamburger, so you're talkin' to the wrong person!"

I. Just. Died.

Needless to say, we quickly remedied the hamburger situation.

And look at her now!!!  Cooking an entire meal!  I'm so proud of her!!!  You go, Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment