Nov 30, 2011

Another Embarrasing Day

Today is an odd type of improvement since Thanksgiving.  Instead of hacking up mass quantities of phlegm, the problems this Tuesday are quite unusual.

Have you ever had that type of cough that is extremely strong?  The kind that is so forceful that you throw yourself forward out of your chair, find yourself standing on your tippy-toes, and wish you could catch a full breath?  That's the cough that I have today.

Plus a few more interesting side effects.

Such as drooling on myself.  Incessantly.  When Isaac went to hug me this morning, he was sweet enough to ignore the wet spot on my shirt to the left of my mouth.  Maybe it'd dried by then, but probably not.  He tries so hard to be sweet and not make me feel disgusting when I very clearly AM.

Another weird element of today's situation is sneezing.  For some reason, I'll be in the middle of a coughing spasm and all the sudden my body wants to throw in a sneeze.  Why, on earth?  I have no idea.  It's an absolute mystery to me, because I really don't think there's anything in my house that I should be sneezing from.  Whatever.

When I was younger, I wanted to learn how to jump rope.  I happened to be in the company of an older lady who was more than willing to teach me, so she enthusiastically grabbed the rope and went at it.  Then, all the sudden, she got a funny look on her face.  Someone in the vicinity was gracious enough to point out that she'd peed herself and started laughing at (and with, thankfully) her.  I don't think I'll ever forget that day.

Good thing too, because today, I've had the opportunity to experience that same joy.  Apparently between the violent coughing, random sneezing, and trying to hold in the drool, there's just too much pressure on my insides and it has to get out somewhere... so let's pee ourselves, right?  Right.

Supposedly this inability to control your own bladder is yet another similarity between my recent medical ailments and pregnancy.  Oh joy.

We might just adopt all our children.

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes, thankfully I can't say I did that while pregnant or after I left the hospital, but once while I was in the hospital and "healing" from a slight tear due to my large baby. I was sitting on the couch in the hospital, holding him and went to get up, I concentrated on NOT squeezing him too much while I was standing...perhaps too much that I peed...and then without even knowing (seriously), I continued to across the room to lay down said baby and into the bathroom....I empathize with you! :-) The joys of being a woman.....ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're adorable - I was going to say, this is just getting you prepared for parenthood/pregnancy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA !!!!! Thank you ! The sneezing is because you have little to NO nose hairs... wait until winter when you feel like all your snots freeze, and your nose will NOT stop running. It's really attractive.

    Didnt have the pee pee issue, as mine was more embar ASS ing still.... I go number 2.... whenever...and where ever... ah, the joys of cancer ! lol
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... one more thing, just a thought.... perhaps you may want to invest in a bib.... Love you Ash... I really do !
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI... Kotex pads are not only for menstruating... just saying!

    ReplyDelete