Jun 5, 2012

A Day of Surprises

Tomorrow should be a pretty interesting day!  The early morning hours will bring my PET scan, which will put an end to my no-carb, no-sugar diet (required for 24-hours pre-scan).  That will make me a much more agreeable person.

Then at 4:30, Isaac and I have our first ever marriage counseling session.  Who knows what that will bring?

And to top it off, we'll be going over to some friend's for a night of pizza, games, and probably S'mores.

On a different note, I've been spending some time lately brainstorming with Isaac about how to promote myself at the salon more.  So far, we've decided that I should get some flyers out, try to see if I can be included in the "new student" packet at the nearby colleges, and keep handing my card out.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  Literally.  Please.  I would REALLY like to.

Have a beautiful night!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you do it already, but anytime you go to a restaurant, store, etc. GIVE OUT YOUR CARD! And if you're allowed to give discounts give a manicure or pedicure special to a waitress, or something on the back. Plus you can write off the meal as a business expense too! :-) Try to scope out local mommy groups, moms always love being pampered. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit a sorority or three. Discounts or bogo. Figure out when their Fall and Spring formals are; If you can get them to do referrals then give a next time discount for each referral for a new customer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley,

    As I'm starting up a new biz too I have a few ideas: find other blogs related to your business, career, interests and exchange blog sharing on your sites. Add a referral incentive to your ads, customers, etc., e.g. %25 off your next service when you refer a customer.

    Sign up for AdSense through your google blog and start making money (albeit little until you obtain a blog following). Ask everyone you know to follow your blog and buy something from an advertiser there if possible. Barter for everything, especially if you don't have a lot to invest in start-up.

    The Detroit freebie entertainment newspaper (Metro?) ads should work really well for you.

    As Karen said, keep track of all expenses, e.g. customer meals, book purchases, online art purchases, etc. "Like" services/people on all social networks and ask for same back.

    And wow, congrats on your upcoming marriage...there must be a bizillion target markets during the height of the wedding season!

    Finally, marriage counseling can be awesome, providing a glowing perspective, faith and hope in the ultimate human relationship you are committing to. Just married the man of my dreams 2 years ago and hope you are every bit as in love as we are. It's still growing and amazes me every day.

    Rhonda
    arleabelle@blogspot.com

    P.S. I like your reading list. Have you read Chapman's Five Languages of Love. Fun to read together, a little at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, just saw that you do have 5 languages on your must-read list...you guys are definitely on the right track.

    And hey, about that lunch expense. I'd love to get together, exchange ideas and get to know my "mascara lady". I should be able to start driving next week (post-surgical release) but what area do you live in? Let me know via FB message. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete