Aug 18, 2011

Sleepy Sleepy

I have to take my anti-nausea drug every four hours.  A natural side effect of it is that it makes me sleepy.  On top of that, only getting four hours at a time makes me VERY sleepy.

Isaac woke me up this morning because I had to go in to get my Neulasta shot.  I kid you not, I walked to the car, into the office, up a flight of stairs, and all the way back out to the car with my eyes closed or almost closed.  They're just SO HEAVY!  I really don't even have that much control over it.  I'm sitting here now, eating a sandwich from my lovely husband, and drinking water, and typing on the blog all with my eyes closed.  It's amazing how in tune your body can be even when one of your senses is shut off.  Like your eyeballs.

I get to go back to sleep for an uninterrupted four hours in about an hour.  Til then, I am going to try and stay awake as possible.....  or maybe after enough yawning, I'll decide to go to sleep before then anyway.

Yeah... I think I'm going to sleep anyway.  See you on Friday or Saturday when I'm out of my chemo-coma.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,

    Yes I did have breast cancer and I too had chemo. I had the "red cocktail" kool aid. Talk to your doctor about Emend. It is an anti nausea drug that did WONDERS for me. Did i mention that in my previous post?

    I am glad that I posted before. I know the feeling that everything is out of your control and that you are at Cancer and the treatments mercy. Remember that there is an end in sight and that when you have completed treatment, you will have accomplished something that will have changed your life forever.

    Attitude is half the battle and a positive one goes a LONG ways. From reading your posts I know you will have the same outlook when you are done and that you will look back and think as I do. Cancer was one of the best things to happen to me. It made me stronger and more confident. It made me feel more in control of my future and how i choose to handle it. It made me happier.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!

    Melonie

    ReplyDelete