Jan 23, 2012

Well Hello, Sir!

So.

I've just about peed myself several times this week.  I don't even have a good excuse for that kind of thing anymore since I'm not in chemo, but hey, it still happens... right?

The first time I almost wet my pants was when I got a Facebook friend request from Ken Paves.  I had kind of wanted to add him since I was working in his salon, but I didn't want to be a creeper, so I didn't.  I figured I should probably wait until I meet him someday and then I can friend him.  So now we're Facebook friends.

It came as a complete shock to me, so of course I had to capture the moment in a screen shot.
Then, Nordstrom (I've been officially notified that it's inappropriate to say Nordstrom's) called and offered me a part-time position as a rover, which means I'll be getting paid to play with makeup all day!  I really can't think of a better way to pay off student loans--except for doing hair, of course.

THEN, I got a call on Saturday morning from the manager at Ken Paves Salon asking if I could come in for a meeting later because Ken was going to be in and would like to chat with everyone.  That, my friends, was when I literally almost... you know.

Immediately, I asked if his parents were going to be in early because I had a couple of things that I wanted to talk with them about before the meeting.  They were, so I hopped through the shower, put my face on, and out the door I went.  In my head I'd been thinking that it would be ideal to talk with them about the position I'd been offered and see if they'd be willing to work with me so far as scheduling and such and I also wanted to talk with Ma Paves about doing an event we'd talked about previously to see if she was still considering it.

Ma & Pa Paves were already there, working away in the office when I stuck my head in to see if they had a minute to chat.  Usually they do.  They LOVE to chat.  Which is good, because I like chatting with them!  Anyway, I went to take a seat to talk with them when Ma asked me what Ken was doing.  I was a little confused because in my head I thought he wasn't coming in until the meeting.  Turns out he was already there.

Again, surprise!  It was cute to watch how excited she was that he was there.  It reminded me of Mom and Ike.  Apparently there is nothing that makes a woman smile more than getting to see her son and give him hugs and bathe him with her motherly love.  It's so precious!

I had the opportunity to chat with him for a while and thoroughly enjoyed the entire conversation.  He's a very insightful guy with a big heart.  I'm really excited that he'll be pushing us to do better as stylists and artists and is generous enough to allow us access to some of his resources to do so.

Those close to me already know that I love working, but it seems that it will be even more exciting this year!!

If your'e interested in checking out the work blog (I'll be keeping my personal life out of there) click here!  'Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! Your momma informed me yesterday as to your new status at Nordstrom and that you got to chat with Ken! How exciting for you!!! I'm so glad that things are falling into place for you. Don't get so busy working that you forget to appreciate the little, boring things in life! :-)

    ReplyDelete