Jul 25, 2011

So... This Is Awkward...

I have been hanging around all day today waiting to poop.

Yes, poop.

This is a rather uncomfortable side effect of the anti-nausea drugs... I've been constipated since chemo and have been using stool softeners, but they really haven't done all that much.

Trust me--I've been doing my part to get thing rolling, but fiber, excessive amounts of water, crunches, and gentle punches to the stomach just aren't cutting it.  I've eaten oily foods, curled up in the fetal position for hours, and Googled more home-remedies for my situation than I care to admit.

I think I've gone to the bathroom six or seven times today and NONE of those times has resulted in a glorious log.  Just liquids...

Today I begged Isaac for a laxative.  We settled on milk of magnesia.

Five hours later I'm wishing we would have just gone hardcore and grabbed something that just cleaned me out--or maybe signed me up for a colonoscopy.  As it were, I am still impatiently waiting for the moment when I have to scramble to make it to the ladies' room in time.  

It can't come soon enough.

5 comments:

  1. story of my life ;) hahahaha TMI??? Love you!! and your brutal honesty! I can't tell you how much I can't do what you just wrote about in the States much less a foreign continent. I took powder-absorbed liquid nasty drinks, laxatives, downed fruit of all kinds, raisins, whatever we could find in Africa....oofffffffta. nothin. :) it's quite amusing how many embarrassing things we have in common ash :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had a solution, but I can say been there, done that! I understand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe coffee will help (if you're able to have it)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your hubby is in med school, but might I suggest incorporating Miralax into your daily regimen. While prep for a colonoscopy sounds enticing for a good "clean out" it's not all it's cracked up to be...trust me! Fiber can actually be bulky and not help with constipation--my grandma's bran muffins do NOTHING for me! Hope you get "results" soon. Take care! ~Janel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flaxseed in yogurt might help. And the chewable vitamin C. You can check with your hubby, but if you eat a bunch of vitamin C tablets it should loosen everything up.

    ReplyDelete