Jul 18, 2011

Bonding Time

This morning I was getting really annoyed with my hair coming out several pieces at a time so I decided to shave it down to the nubbins.  


It was getting long anyway.  


I buzzed it down to an eighth of an inch and then promised Isaac he could Bic it tonight--he said it'd be good bonding time.  


(For those of you unfamiliar with the term, to "Bic it," means shaving your head with a razor.  Til it's smooth as a baby's bottom.)


I can't believe I said he could.

*** 8 HOURS LATER***

We just shaved my head.  Literally.  It was.... it was interesting.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about it right now--emotionally, anyway.  Physically, it feels kind of cool if I rub my hand with the grain.  It's like butter.  Absolutely smooth.  If I rub the other way, though, it's like 100 grit sandpaper... not exactly nice feeling.  I took a bunch of pictures of the process so you can enjoy those.

Isaac was joking around and said that he thought it'd be funny if it was a false alarm that it was falling out and it all grew back in.  I don't know how I feel about that either.  Well... while I'm absorbing what just happened, feel free to enjoy these pictures of the process!





Yeah... I'm still digesting it, too.

4 comments:

  1. You and Isaac should match. just sayin'. Keep fightin and keep bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can pull of "Mr. Clean" like no one else I know, Ashley. You're facial features are SO feminine, you're gorgeous, no matter what you do. I honestly mean that. Enjoy not having to wash/blow dry/do your hair while it lasts!! It'll all come back soon. It's already been a month and a half since you received "the word"!

    I love you and will be praying that you will know exactly how beautiful you are, regardless of how you feel. (Geez...my feelings lie to me all the time! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, you can pull off any hair . . . even no hair. your beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley you are incredibly beautiful--always have been and always will be--an amazing girl inside and out! :p <3 your strength is inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete