Sep 16, 2011

Breath of Fresh Air

Today was the first time, since starting chemotherapy, that I have felt I could just break down and let out my frustrations and sorrows, self-pity, and irritation with the whole process.

Isaac and I were watching criminal minds and at the end of the scene, he came over and curled up on my knee.  I bent over him, just holding it in for a few moments, and then let it out.  At first, it was the type of deep breaths you take because you don't want to fully commit to crying... but then it changed more to tears and they kept coming.

So many things... all wrapped up in my emotions and mind all at the same time.  I'm glad it will soon be over.  I can't wait to be done with feeling just "off" all the time, I can't wait to be able to take part in sports again without feeling my port flopping around in my vein.  I can't wait to regain my sense of taste, not have to endure any more saline flushes...  I can't wait until I don't have to feel "tough" anymore.

And I really can't wait until the magical day when I REALLY know it's over--when they take out my port.

Friends, thank you so much for your prayers.  I believe they've held me upright this whole time, even though I feel like I am about to wipe out on my face.

And PLEASE, please, if you can, talk to me to get involved in the 5k walk for St. Judes.  It's free, but every person who brings in $35 worth of donations will get a free tee-shirt.

It will be held on November 19, 2011 at Valley West Mall in Des Moines, Iowa.
Registration starts at 7am, and the walk will commence at 8am.
There will be games and cheerleaders too!!

Visit Ashley Hinton's Page at St. Jude's to either Participate or Donate.

Or, If you could spread the word, please add yourself (and your friends) to our Facebook Page.

I'll be adding more information this Wednesday after I meet with Katie, the St. Jude's lady!!  I'm SO excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment